Choosing between first and second class not only depends on your budget, but also on the travel experience you're looking for. In general, the difference between 1st and 2nd class rail travel is the level of comfort and the facilities provided.
- Individually adjustable seats
- More room between the seats sideways
- More legroom
- Extra wide tables
- Electric outlet per seat
- Cabin service: menus are served at your seat
- Modern seats in open cars
- Compartments (6 seats)
- Generous luggage racks / luggage compartments
- Multifunctional tables
- Restaurant and bistro car
- One electric outlet per double seat
- WiFi (Some cars)
Please note that all train operators has different configurations and that no 1st Class or 2nd Class ticket in Europe are the same.